White Chocolate, Honey and Macadamia Panforte
Indulge in the festive season with this special-occasion white chocolate and macadamia dessert.
- 1 3/4 cups (310g) chopped white chocolate
- 3/4 cup (265g) honey
- 1 vanilla bean, split, seeds scraped
- 1 1/4 cups (185g) plain flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup (55g) glacé ginger, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (55g) glacé pineapple, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (50g) finely chopped candied orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/3 cups (200g) unsalted macadamias, toasted
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Line a 22cm springform cake pan with baking paper.
- Place chocolate, honey and vanilla seeds in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water (don't let the bowl touch the water), stirring until melted and smooth. Set aside.
- Combine flour, glacé ginger and pineapple, orange peel, spices, nuts and a pinch of black pepper in a bowl. Stir in melted chocolate mixture until combined.
- Pour into the cake pan and press down with the back of a spoon. Bake for 50-60 minutes until golden but soft to touch (cover loosely with foil if it is browning too quickly). Cool in pan, then turn out and dust with icing sugar, slice and serve.