Nutty Banana Bread
Not only is this banana bread recipe reliable and delicious, but it's also easy to whip up! Time to give those bananas turning bad or being kept in your freezer some love and adding some crunchy macadamia nuts to the mix.
- 2 overripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup (60 ml) plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup (125 ml) maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1½ cups (360 ml) oat flour
- ½ cup macadamia nuts, crushed
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Grease and line a loaf pan.
- Peel over-ripe bananas and break into a bowl. Use a fork to mash up pieces until creamy.
- Crack eggs into a separate bowl and whisk.
- Pour whisked eggs into bowl with mashed bananas and stir to combine.
- Pour in melted coconut oil, vanilla, Greek yogurt and maple syrup, and mix well.
- Add salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and oat flour and stir to combine.
- Add crushed macadamia nuts and mix.
- Brush a loaf pan with coconut oil. Scrape mixture into loaf pan.
- Bake in the oven 45 - 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.